Friday, April 11, 2008

Leadership Haywood County

Isn't it funny how time goes by so quickly? And how it can seem like only yesterday, but actually have been 13 years ago? That's a realization I had last night while attending the Leadership Haywood County graduation banquet. Here were 15 men and women who had spent at least one Thursday a month together since August and it was evident that they had formed some lasting relationships. But I couldn't help but wonder if 13 years from now what would they remember from this experience.

Why 13 years? Because that's how long it has been since I graduated from Leadership Haywood County. Sitting at the table with one of my former "classmates," we tried to remember who all were in our class. And, after a few minutes, we did remember everyone. We also remembered that our class split into two teams to come up with class projects. Today the whole class works as one. I'm glad. I think that's a better plan.

I'm wondering if maybe it's time to implement a refresher course for graduates. Say every five years. After all, a lot can change in 13 years.

Here's a call to all 1995 Leadership Haywood County graduates - Let's have a reunion!

Anyone interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment