Friday, December 5, 2008

Event-full life

It seems I've been measuring my time in "events.” Not the usual hours, days or months, but the activities themselves have been my calendar. There was no October, November or December this year – only Hatchie Fall Fest, Holiday in Haywood and Hometown Christmas. I've found myself saying that once this is over or that is over, I will have time. But in reality, that's not true. There will always be other "events" that will focus my attention. And to be perfectly honest, I enjoy it. And not just public events, but the private “events” that fill all of our lives. Moving forward, making a difference, taking a stand - whatever it is that drives us to the “events” in our lives … I love it! Who needs to measure time with hours, days or even years, when our lives are filled with so many wonderful “events”?

No comments:

Post a Comment