Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Lack of Diversity in All About Brownsville

“A lack of diversity in All About Brownsville.” A recent comment from a faithful reader. One I agree with 100 percent!! You may have at one time or another thought the same.

More variety does need to be shown and shared in AAB. To say that Brownsville and Haywood County is diverse somehow seems like a gross understatement. I wouldn’t even know where to begin to explain or even describe the different cultural elements of our community. The reader seems to think that AAB’s content is solely directed at a “very small percentage of people...”

If this is true, it is not intentional. I would hope that everyone, regardless, would be interested in what’s happening in our community. But I am especially grateful to the reader for bringing up the subject.

Okay, so there is no doubt that more variety should be shown in the content of the newsletter. I asked the reader for suggestions and now I’m asking you.

What can I do, or any of us do, to learn more about the (different) things happening in our community? Our whole community?

1 comment:

  1. I think if there is a "lack of diversity" in the AAB newsletter, it is because the same people send in their events each month. We should try to encourage more people to submit their events. You do an awesome job, Sonia. I look forward to reading it each week. Thanks for all you do for our community.

    ReplyDelete