Friday, January 2, 2009

State of the School

I was sad to hear that Doris Battle has resigned. In her 25 years in the school system she has served many posts, from teacher to assistant principal, to principal, to assistant director and most recently as interim director. Doris has also been actively involved in the community. She will be missed as she leaves to accept a position with Shelby County Schools. Good luck, Doris.

If you would like to meet the new director, Marlon King, please plan to attend a State of the School Address on Monday, January 5, 8 a.m., in the Haywood High School gym. There will also be a reception for Mr. King from 3-6 p.m., Monday afternoon at the College Hill Center. Everyone is invited.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I did not get to hear all of Mr. King's speech. I also was unable to make the reception at College Hill Monday night. I'm looking forward to meeting him and learning more about his plan. I think he has generated a lot of excitement.

    ReplyDelete